The Accreditation Process
Click on any of the headings below to find out more about NARTA's accreditation process.
The Accreditation Process
The steps in the accreditation process:
- As the application for accreditation is only available online, contact your appropriate association to obtain a username, password & User Guide.
- Complete the RELEVANT details in each section of the application, uploading documents where indicated. Refer to the Information Pack and resources for assistance, if needed.
- Complete the Declaration and Payment Details.
- Submit your application by clicking on the appropriate button.
- Upon submission of your online application, the relevant office will ensure that the application has been correctly completed and a desk assessment will be performed.
- Upon successful completion of the desk assessment, a workplace assessment will be arranged.
- Upon successful completion of the workplace assessment, a certificate will be issued, recommended & suggested actions supplied and the NARTA website will be updated.
- During the life of an organisation's accreditation, the organisation will undergo annual review. If it is found that claims made (or specifically excluded) are not correct, accreditation will be withdrawn until such errors are rectified.
Who Can Apply?
Who is eligible for accreditation?
This accreditation program is available nationally in Australia and its Territories.
Organisations that are members of participants in the Accreditation Advisory Group (AAG) are eligible to undertake the accreditation program at the members' rates.
Other organisations that are members of Peak Outdoor Education, Recreation and Tourism Associations, may undertake this program at the non-member rates, as shown below.
Participation is voluntary, though it is highly recommended.
The program is administered by the AAG. Participation indicates a willingness to be assessed against the accreditation criteria and an acceptance that trained assessors will undertake both desk and workplace assessments to ensure accreditation standards are met.
How Much Will Accreditation Cost?
Discounted Rate for Outdoors NSW & CVA Members
Initial Accreditation (lasting 3 years)
|$1,596.00 (ex GST)||$1,065.00 (ex GST)|
Re-Accreditation (lasting 3 years)
|$1,412.00 (ex GST)||$940.00 (ex GST)|
The fee may be paid in three annual instalments (with a 10% surcharge added for time payment). Please arrange invoicing with the relevant office.
Applications from organisations that are not members of the associations that form the AAG, may be able to accredit through NARTA. Please contact us to determine suitability.
Additional resources to help Outdoors NSW and Christian Venues Association members with NARTA accreditation are available on request.
There are numerous templates, samples and guides available from both of these organisations to assist applicants in preparing required material. Please contact either office for these resources.